iPhone volume buttons

I've just bought Alfred Remote - mainly out of curiosity (and because I use the desktop version many, many times every day).

The one thing I can't find is a way of using the *physical* buttons on my iPhone to send commands (e.g., up/down volume, NOT the touchscreen). Is this possible?

Since Apple discontinued all ways of controlling presentations without carrying around an extra Bluetooth dongle or using their presentation control app (which runs the risk of swiping between slides accidentally, and means you're always looking at the phone screen instead of the audience), I've hoped someone would be able to create a way of controlling apps/presentations/etc with the volume buttons. If this could work while the phone screen is locked then even better!

Thanks for any advice!

I've just bought Alfred Remote - mainly out of curiosity (and because I use the desktop version many, many times every day).

The one thing I can't find is a way of using the *physical* buttons on my iPhone to send commands (e.g., up/down volume, NOT the touchscreen). Is this possible?

Since Apple discontinued all ways of controlling presentations without carrying around an extra Bluetooth dongle or using their presentation control app (which runs the risk of swiping between slides accidentally, and means you're always looking at the phone screen instead of the audience), I've hoped someone would be able to create a way of controlling apps/presentations/etc with the volume buttons. If this could work while the phone screen is locked then even better!

Thanks for any advice!

Alfred doesn't use the physical buttons  on the iPhone. You could create a set of buttons in Alfred Remote, but this would require you looking at the screen as with Apple's own Remote app.

Cheers,

Vero