"Dispatch Key Combo" buggy with Blender

I finally plunked down for Alfred Remote hoping it would help me with all the hotkeys in Blender, but many of them are not registering properly. Modifier keys are often ignored and some combos seem to activate an all together different key. Often it even ends up subverting the keyboard altogether, making me have to select something with my mouse to get the it useful again. I haven't spent much time trying to catalog the irregularities, but it is very repeatable.

I'm guessing that it is all probably due to Blender's being written in a mix of C, C++ and Python rather than the more standard Obj-C, but I figured it would be worth posing the question. Any fixes out there?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally plunked down for Alfred Remote hoping it would help me with all the hotkeys in Blender, but many of them are not registering properly. Modifier keys are often ignored and some combos seem to activate an all together different key. Often it even ends up subverting the keyboard altogether, making me have to select something with my mouse to get the it useful again. I haven't spent much time trying to catalog the irregularities, but it is very repeatable.

I'm guessing that it is all probably due to Blender's being written in a mix of C, C++ and Python rather than the more standard Obj-C, but I figured it would be worth posing the question. Any fixes out there?

I've left this a few days to see whether any Blender users would have anything of interest to add, but my thoughts echo what you said; Blender isn't a native Mac application, so it's likely that its odd behaviour is caused by being a weird ported app to Mac. As such, it may not be possible to use Remote to control Blender.