Workflow File Browser

Hello!

I wanted to easily quickly browse my workflow files in alfred, but didn't find an easy/satisfactory way of doing so, so I quickly created this workflow. I'm not sure if there's any interest for this or if someone's already made something like this, but I decided to try myself.

Usage

You can edit the wf/ script filter to input your own option/keyword.

Also, I kind of hacked this together and my coding experience is somewhat limited, so any constructive criticism is HIGHLY welcomed/encouraged. I've learned about coding workflows mostly from others' example. This is also basically my first time using GitHub so let me know if things go wrong.

Direct Download (Updated to work with dropbox sync)

Github repo

Edited by therockmandolinist

It only works with Alfred that isn't synced by dropbox. Instead of working from a fixed directory location, the workflow should start at where the workflow is, go up one directory, and process the directories there.

Thanks for the advice! Does syncing with Dropbox only affect browsing the actual workflow folder, or are the cache and data directories affected as well?

It just affects the location of the Alfred.preferences file (which is actually a directory that contains all the preferences and workflows). The cache and data directories are always in the normal locations. Those directories are not shared.

Also, I tried to update the script to take that into effect, but somewhere else in the script it had problems with spaces and parenthesis in the path (My path has both). You might want to thoroughly check the script for that condition.

Edited by raguay.customct

It just affects the location of the Alfred.preferences file (which is actually a directory that contains all the preferences and workflows). The cache and data directories are always in the normal locations. Those directories are not shared.

Also, I tried to update the script to take that into effect, but somewhere else in the script it had problems with spaces and parenthesis in the path (My path has both). You might want to thoroughly check the script for that condition.

I tried to update it myself as well - Is that still happening? My path has spaces in it too, so I'm not really sure what the cause of the error would be.

• 9 months later...

Hi, this seems very useful but it does not work for me (Alfred 3.2.1, macOS 10.12.2). Maybe it has not been updated for Alfred 3? I paste the debug information:

Starting debug for 'Workflow File Browser'

[2017-01-01 22:52:45][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 22:52:44 workflow.py:2168 ERROR    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/MyUserName/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.0DDCA8BE-8A51-4A56-8F31-6F719A59B517/info.plist'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/MyUserName/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.68029B36-88D1-478D-AD4D-70BBF9F51856/workflow/workflow.py", line 2161, in run
    func(self)
  File "workflowsearch.py", line 68, in main
    my_workflows=workflow_subdirectories()
  File "workflowsearch.py", line 58, in workflow_subdirectories
    name,show=wfFilter(os.path.join(a_dir,folder,'info.plist'))
  File "workflowsearch.py", line 41, in wfFilter
    with open(filename) as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/MyUserName/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.0DDCA8BE-8A51-4A56-8F31-6F719A59B517/info.plist'
22:52:44 workflow.py:2186 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.157 seconds.
[2017-01-01 22:52:45][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 22:52:45 workflow.py:2168 ERROR    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/MyUserName/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.0DDCA8BE-8A51-4A56-8F31-6F719A59B517/info.plist'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/MyUserName/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.68029B36-88D1-478D-AD4D-70BBF9F51856/workflow/workflow.py", line 2161, in run
    func(self)
  File "workflowsearch.py", line 68, in main
    my_workflows=workflow_subdirectories()
  File "workflowsearch.py", line 58, in workflow_subdirectories
    name,show=wfFilter(os.path.join(a_dir,folder,'info.plist'))
  File "workflowsearch.py", line 41, in wfFilter
    with open(filename) as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/MyUserName/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.0DDCA8BE-8A51-4A56-8F31-6F719A59B517/info.plist'
22:52:45 workflow.py:2186 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.012 seconds.