Only do Google Search, never file search unless specified?

Is it possible to have Alfred only do Google Searches unless I specifically specify that I want file search (by pressing space first or putting in a ')?

I always use Spotlight for file search anyway, and sometimes my search term coincides with a filename on my computer. I just want Alfred to default to Google Search always unless told otherwise.

You can always use "Ctrl" for a default fallback search.

To change your default fallback go to: Alfred pref -> Features -> Default results -> Setup Fallback results

At the same page you should uncheck "Unintelligent: Search all file types"

That will prevent you from searching form files while you normally type. To search for Files then you have to press "Space" first, like you already do.

Hope that helps :)

That's what i just told you. I have it set up this way and file search only appears when i press "Space" at the start.

Deactivate "Unintelligent: Search all file types" and check it out.

Other things like applications to start will still appear, but it never interferes with any searches i do.

What you can do is set a letter like "g" to google search or use a workflow like Searchio to do so.

Other than that giving a example would be good as i never run into this Problem with this setup.

Edited by FroZen_X