Running Applescripts in ~/Library/Scripts?

Hi, I have just installed Alfred to give it a spin (being a long time quicksilver user). By default it doesn't give me access to my Applescripts, but I thought if I enabled [x] Applescripts in Prefs⇨Default Results and dragging ~/Library/Scripts into Prefs⇨Default Results⇨Search Scope then it should index my applescripts. I've also tried adding [com.apple.applescript.script] in Advanced...

But nothing comes up when I try to find trigger them with Alfred. What have I done wrong? Does Alfred require you to use Workflows to trigger Applescripts?

I don't think you can have anything in ~/Library in your default results because they're classed as system files.

Either you'll need to use a File Filter with the Search Scope > Show files marked as System Files box ticked or a workflow like AppScripts, which can also show you just the scripts for the active application.

Hi deanishe, thanks for your reply! I am somewhat confused as the Default Results shows a toggle for [x]Applescripts AND the Search Scope does show custom folders within ~/Library/ so it looks as if Alfred should be able to do this...

I would argue that accessing your account Applescripts should be something Alfred should just do by default (both Quicksilver, and as I understand it Launchbar do), without having to buy the Powerpack...

Thanks again.

Edited by iandol

Hi deanishe, thanks for your reply! I am somewhat confused as the Default Results shows a toggle for [x]Applescripts AND the Search Scope does show custom folders within ~/Library/ so it looks as if Alfred should be able to do this...

AFAIK, that doesn't actually matter much without a "Show System Files" setting. It definitely is a little confusing, having a "Show AppleScripts" option when Alfred won't show any AppleScripts you keep in the usual script folders, which are all in ~/Library.

I would argue that accessing your account Applescripts should be something Alfred should just do by default (both Quicksilver, and as I understand it Launchbar do), without having to buy the Powerpack...

Thanks again.

Maybe. I'd argue it's a bug more than anything, as you can't even do it with the Powerpack. You need a workflow, too, because Alfred's File Filters don't work reliably with System Files.

I can heartily recommend the Powerpack. Worth every penny. Mind you, I'm biased because I workflow the shit out of Alfred.