[Request] NoSleep workflow

Please remember that when you ask for help you’re asking for people to spend their time focusing on your problem rather than doing anything else. The less information you provide, the more time the person offering to help will have to waste doing their own research or asking you for clarifications, hence the less help you’ll get. Verbosity and specificity trump brevity, so make sure your request always has links to every relevant reference and a detailed description of what you want to accomplish and why you’re stumped.

In this case, I had to search for the specific app, to see what exactly it did. This also seems like a bit on an XY problem. Do you really want to toggle that specific app, or do you just want its effects?

If the latter, my CoffeeCoffee workflow should do the trick (it uses a default tool that comes with OS X). There are also others with the same idea, although I don’t know of any that uses NoSleep specifically.

Please remember that when you ask for help you’re asking for people to spend their time focusing on your problem rather than doing anything else. The less information you provide, the more time the person offering to help will have to waste doing their own research or asking you for clarifications, hence the less help you’ll get. Verbosity and specificity trump brevity, so make sure your request always has links to every relevant reference and a detailed description of what you want to accomplish and why you’re stumped.

In this case, I had to search for the specific app, to see what exactly it did. This also seems like a bit on an XY problem. Do you really want to toggle that specific app, or do you just want its effects?

If the latter, my CoffeeCoffee workflow should do the trick (it uses a default tool that comes with OS X). There are also others with the same idea, although I don’t know of any that uses NoSleep specifically.

I didn't mean for my post to come across as rude. I should've linked the specific application. To expand, no sleep seems to preform a different function than caffeine and CoffeeCoffee. I typically use it in conjunction with caffeine to keep my screen or music running even with the mac's lid closed. For example, if I have caffeine and music playing and close the lid, the music stops. However, if NoSleep is running and I close the lid, the music continues to play. 

I'm not very experienced in writing workflows, but I'm basically looking to enable/disable NoSleep through a keyword. 

• 2 weeks later...