Request: Create new Word document

Hey there,

I've been using Alfred for quite a while now, but I'm not really familiar with AppleScript or scripting in general. I really dig the workflows in v2 and the function to present results back in alfred, e.g. searching Google in Alfred will return the live search.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a new file in Word in a way sort of this: 

(opening Alfred typing:)

word [new file name]#["Documents" folder popping up in the way you see the search results of Alfred's Google search]

"#" should be working as a delimiter of the {query} to differentiate between the name of the file and the folder it is supposed to be saved in.

Pressing Return would then lead to a new Word Document that has been saved to the specified folder in Documents and being named as entered in Alfred.

I'm not sure if this is possible to realize with a workflow, but if so - woohoo! ;) Thanks in advance for looking into it!

Hey there,

I've been using Alfred for quite a while now, but I'm not really familiar with AppleScript or scripting in general. I really dig the workflows in v2 and the function to present results back in alfred, e.g. searching Google in Alfred will return the live search.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a new file in Word in a way sort of this: 

(opening Alfred typing:)

word [new file name]#["Documents" folder popping up in the way you see the search results of Alfred's Google search]

"#" should be working as a delimiter of the {query} to differentiate between the name of the file and the folder it is supposed to be saved in.

Pressing Return would then lead to a new Word Document that has been saved to the specified folder in Documents and being named as entered in Alfred.

I'm not sure if this is possible to realize with a workflow, but if so - woohoo! ;) Thanks in advance for looking into it!

Something like this is possible but they are kind of tricky to set up. I would suggest for this that it be broken into parts. Instead of using a delimiter and just entering a folder name, it could be setup so that it pops Alfred back up as kind of a second step. Using that, you could let the user select the folder they wanted to save in instead.

Thanks, David! I'll look into it and try to figure something out.

If you don't, give me a few days and let things settle down from the launch and I'll try to help a little more. Just remind me. Something like this would require a little more time than I have to dedicate to one thing right this sec. Trying to keep up with all the support requests and questions right this sec.

• 2 months later...

If you wanna save these complicated steps and find a easy way, you can google word document generator and you will find many useful tools, or google how to create word document to  get instructive articles.  I think some imaging sdk  programmes can enable to quickly create  files. i have use an imaging sdk which can original layouts hyperlinks, Images and tables retained in word ,text, image, Epub, html.but i forgot download the wedsite ,go to google. By the way , pay attention to your system platform, select the suitable one .  if you haven't found a good one, i can share with you the one i am currently using, it can create word documents in a very short time, you can have a try.