Using auto expanding snippets on Japanese layout keyboards and on browsers

Hi there

I've just purchased the powerpack only to find out it is a little buggy when using it with a Japanese layout keyboard.

I've installed the app, made necessary changes to the system settings and it works perfectly fine (except for one occasion which I will address later on)

when using it on the English layout.

Now when I switch to the Japanese layout and type the keyword, it does expand BUT not where the cursor originally was.  Instead, it expands on the line above.

Say for example I am editing a text file which says: (let's say i've set the Snippet to TEST)

This is a text document.

| <cursor

When I type the auto expand keyword, it expands after the period on "document"and not where the cursor originally was which was a line below.

This is a text document.TEST|

I would like it to expand where the cursor is located and was hoping for a solution to this problem.

Also, I am having a issue with Safari as well and this occurs even when I'm on English layout.

When I access a site that is protected with basic authentication,  a pop up shows to enter user name and password.

I've set an snippet and type the keyword hoping it to autoexpand but it doesn't.

The snippet does work on Safari when I try to autoexpand on say the address bar so this problem might be for pop ups.

Would be great if I can get help on these problems, especially the first one....

Thank you in advance

Hi there

I've just purchased the powerpack only to find out it is a little buggy when using it with a Japanese layout keyboard.

I've installed the app, made necessary changes to the system settings and it works perfectly fine (except for one occasion which I will address later on)

when using it on the English layout.

Could you provide more details on your exact Japanese keyboard setup? e.g. what to set in the Keyboard & Input sources? I've tried to replicate the issue using the Japanese keyboard but the snippet appears exactly where it should. Could you also email your exact snippet collection so that I can try to replicate it?

With regards to your second issue, it sounds like you're encountering a secure input field which doesn't allow accessibility apps to listen to your keypresses in order to avoid accidental password logging. In this instance, it's likely that you won't be able to use auto-expansion in these fields (and for security reasons, that's the correct thing to do)

As soon as you provide more details on the japanese keyboard issue, I'll be happy to look into it further. :)

Cheers,

Vero