[SOLVED] Clipboard history not working anymore

Hey,

My clipboard history has stopped working for no apparent reason, I have tried clearing the db in case it would be corrupted but no luck.

I'm running Alfred 2.8.6(441) with Powerpack on El Capitan.

I haven't found anything helpful on the forum, so just wondering if I could get a pointer as to what's wrong.

thanks

Edited by clodeindustrie
10 hours ago, clodeindustrie said:

Hey,

My clipboard history has stopped working for no apparent reason, I have tried clearing the db in case it would be corrupted but no luck.

I'm running Alfred 2.8.6(441) with Powerpack on El Capitan.

I haven't found anything helpful on the forum, so just wondering if I could get a pointer as to what's wrong.

thanks

Hi there,

The two primary reasons the clipboard might stop working is, as you guessed, the database being corrupt. How did you clear it? In order to re-create the clipboard, you need to quit Alfred, navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Databases and remove the clipboard.alfdb file. (Note that in Alfred 3, typing "clear" into Alfred and choosing the "Clear all clipboard history" option does the same thing without the manual work)

When you next use the clipboard, Alfred will re-create the clipboard file, which should resolve any corruption and any permissions issues, if there were any.

Also, ensure that the Clipboard History checkbox is ticked in the Features > Clipboard preferences :)

Cheers,
Vero