Difference between Alfred 'Lock' and Keychain 'Lock'

OSX: 10.12.2

Alfred: 3.2.1 [768]

I'm using a yubikey nano as a 2nd form of authentication along with the program yubiswitch to activate/deactivate it as appropriate. One of the options of Yubiswitch is "Enable Yubikey when system locks/sleeps" which lets me log back into my system after I lock it. 

When I lock it using Keychain Access it works just fine however when I activate Alfred and select Lock it doesn't appear to trigger Yubiswitch.  What is different between Alfred and Keychain in how they Lock a system?

@bmorgenthaler I'm not familiar with yubikey, but as far as Alfred's system commands go, we recommend using the "screensaver" or "sleepdisplays" command and set to "Require password" in OS X's Security & Privacy prefs instead of the Lock command, which has proven to be less reliable in the latest macOS.

Give that and try and see if you get the behaviour you prefer. You can then disable they "lock" command in Alfred and even rename one of the other commands if you prefer. :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 5 weeks later...
On 2017/1/3 at 7:55 PM, Vero said:

@bmorgenthaler I'm not familiar with yubikey, but as far as Alfred's system commands go, we recommend using the "screensaver" or "sleepdisplays" command and set to "Require password" in OS X's Security & Privacy prefs instead of the Lock command, which has proven to be less reliable in the latest macOS.

Give that and try and see if you get the behaviour you prefer. You can then disable they "lock" command in Alfred and even rename one of the other commands if you prefer. :)

Cheers,
Vero

The answer is poor. Firstly, screensaver password protection is not equal to lock command, it's not alternative at all!! Second, Alfred's lock command is not work with apple watch, so, as Alfred, you should tell users what differences make it work different!  In other words, Alfred's lock command is well, but you should explain it clearly!