iPhone cannot see Mac on Alfred

I am trying to set up Alfred Remote on my iPhone 5S to connect to my MBP running OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Remote cannot see the Mac at all. 

My MBP is:

IP: 10.45.29.91

My iPhone is:

IP: 10.148.147.1

The Subnet Mask and the Router addresses are the same on both devices.

The network is a home office.

I have restarted both devises in case of Bonjour problem; and I have allowed Alfred access in Firewall preferences.

How do I make the Remote connection work?

Thank you.

I am trying to set up Alfred Remote on my iPhone 5S to connect to my MBP running OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Remote cannot see the Mac at all. 

My MBP is:

IP: 10.45.29.91

My iPhone is:

IP: 10.148.147.1

The Subnet Mask and the Router addresses are the same on both devices.

The network is a home office.

I have restarted both devises in case of Bonjour problem; and I have allowed Alfred access in Firewall preferences.

How do I make the Remote connection work?

Thank you.

Hi John,

Looking at the screenshots in this page, could you let me know how far through the process you're able to get?

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/remote/setting-up/

You may also find some of the troubleshooting steps on this page helpful:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/remote/

Let me know how you get on with this information and I'll be happy to help you further if I can :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vero

I can only get as far as the second screenshot. I've been through the troubleshooting steps but unfortunately with no result.

John

Looking at the IP addresses, your iOS device and your Mac could be on separate VLANs.

- What type of home office setup do you have?

- Is your phone on a guest network?

- Does your router have WiFi Isolation turned on (to keep devices separate)?

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks very much, Andrew. 

- not sure how to answer your first question. Sorry

- I'm pretty certain my phone is NOT on a guest network. How can I check?

- we've just got a new router; our Apple Time Capsule blew in a power surge. It is a Cisco Meraki MR12 whose purpose is also to allow us to monitor who is using how much of our limited satellite bandwidth here in wilderness Kenya. It might have isolation turned on. It was set up by our satellite provider. Would it also explain do you think why we can no longer print to our wireless printer?

John

Thanks very much, Andrew. 

Would it also explain do you think why we can no longer print to our wireless printer?

John

This indeed will be why you can no longer print to your wireless printer. I have no experience with this router so am unable to help, but did find this info on your router:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/NAT_Mode_with_Meraki_DHCP#Client_Isolation

So it does look like your devices are isolated from each other. It also mentions "Bonjour" on that page which is the technology Alfred Remote and your Printer will use.

Cheers,

Andrew