This is my first attempt at creating a workflow for myself. It combines elements of two existing AppleScripts in order to provide me what I am after. The scripts run fine for me straight out of OmniFocus or from the Script Editor. Trying to use them with Alfred and it doesn't work. I don't know why and I have been scouring teh Googlez for quite some time trying to see if I can figure it out to no avail.

If I paste the tasks2boss script in Alfred directly nothing happens. Could it be because this script is calling another script from within it?

If I try to use this script as an external script and run the workflow, I get the following error

I have set the permissions for both script files to 755. That's really all I knew to do. If there is something more that needs to happen, I don't know where to look.

I have the script files in a Github repo located here, if that is useful: https://github.com/bridgestew/workflow-scripts

I suspect it is bad scripting on my part. Like I said, I"m new at this stuff. Any help or pointers appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2017-07-30 17.06.08.png

Edited by bridgestew

Welcome.

56 minutes ago, bridgestew said:

Could it be because this script is calling another script from within it?

Yes. The set path to me won’t actually return the path to the Workflow’s directory, but to a temporaty one where the Alfred creates the script for running. You’ll have to construct the path another way. Take a look at the Script Environment Variables and the HOW TO for Workflow/environment variables.

I ask that next time you provide us a download link for the complete Workflow. Debugging can already be hard with access to the code, and it’s much harder with just descriptions and screenshots. Read the Reporting Problems with Workflows topic, as it gives a nice overview on how to build an effective report.

2 minutes ago, bridgestew said:

Feel free to look again and see if there is more useful information.

No need. In this case I think I got the problem from your description and screenshot. Try what I suggested and you should get it to work.

Edited by vitor