Not opening Evernote

Chip

Something happened the other day and I am no longer able to open Evernote using Alfred. 

I keep Evernote in my Applications folder. When I use Spotlight to look for the file, I get the following screenshot, but as you can see in the second screenshot, it does live in the Applications folder. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Chip

Evernote 6.12

OS 10.12.6

Alfred 3.4.1

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 9.36.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 9.37.25 AM.png

Hi Chip,

It's likely that the app isn't correctly indexed by your Mac's metadata index.

Open Spotlight's Privacy tab, drag the Applications folder in, then wait 30 seconds. Drag it back out of Privacy, and wait another 30 seconds. Type "reload" into Alfred to refresh the application cache, and you should be able to then find Evernote :)

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, please take a look at our troubleshooting guide here:
https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/

Cheers,
Vero

No luck. I both clicked on the + to add the Applications folder (and then the - to remove it) and I dragged and dropped it into the Privacy tab of Sys Prefs. 

When I type "Open Evernote" into Alfred, it takes me to the three Default options: Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia. You'll see that my Alfred Preferences in the image below. I tried loading a picture of my Search Scope but I've run out of space. However, it reads just like yours here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/

Any other ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 11.47.19 AM.png

@Chip Did you also type "reload" into Alfred to refresh the cache as instructed? This is essential to refresh Alfred's app cache instantly, rather than waiting until it naturally refreshes later on.

If you've followed all steps on the Indexing page and Evernote doesn't appear still, please install this Metadata tool and drag the Evernote app to it. Take a look at the output and paste the results in your email reply.

https://cachefly.alfredapp.com/tools/AlfredMetadataTool_v1.1.zip

Cheers,
Vero

@Vero

Yes, I did type Reload to refresh the cache, I just forgot to mention it.

This is what is appearing in my window of the metadata tool.

/Applications/Evernote.app

Internal File Metadata
======================

Display Name: 
    Alt Names: 
    File Type: 
     Comments: 
     Keywords: 
    Last Used: 

Raw mdls File Metadata
======================

@Chip Normally, the metadata for an app should be full of information (name, types, and so on) but yours is empty, so that's exactly why Evernote isn't appearing.

If you follow Step 4 of the indexing page I provided, you'll be able to rebuild your Mac's entire index. Make sure you check the "Delete /.Spotlight-V100" when the checkbox appears, as this will ensure your index is rebuilt from scratch.

When Terminal appears and you type your password, check for any error messages, e.g. indicating that your index is disabled. 

Cheers,
Vero