Jump to content
Jeppe Stærk

Currency Conversion: See foreign exchange rates and currency conversion

Recommended Posts

alfred-currency-conversion

Alfred 3 Workflow - See foreign exchange rates and currency conversion

Travis npm Github

preview.gif

Install

Use npm

$ npm install --global alfred-currency-conversion

or download alfredworkflow file from releases

Requires Node.js 4+ and the Alfred Powerpack.

Highlights

  • Set your own base currency (default EUR)
  • Currencies: AUD, BGN, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, ISK, JPY, KRW, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RON, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, and ZAR
  • Auto update rates at 4PM CET on working days
  • Input support locale numbers
  • Input support for $ (USD),  (EUR), £ (GBP), and ¥ (JPY)
  • Outputs dates and numbers in locale

Usage

In Alfred, type curcon, , and your amount.

Contributions

Please feel free to create a PR and/or make a code review!

To do

  •  Only update rates on working days
  •  Refactor code
  •  Make a fixer.io wrapper
  •  Your idea here

Credits

License

MIT © Jeppe Stærk

icon.png

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a newbie to Alfred using v4.  Just trying this workflow out but  each time I use it, it just asks for me to set my default currency again.  Anyone else running into this?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Seems this workflow needs to be updated both to work with Alfred 4, and to use an updated API. It's currently trying to use https://api.fixer.io, which has been deprecated. I tried setting up the new version of fixer.io's api with a free key but it still has errors.

 

I really hope this plugin gets an update - I used it quite often when it was working.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, uxjw said:

Seems this workflow needs to be updated both to work with Alfred 4, and to use an updated API. It's currently trying to use https://api.fixer.io, which has been deprecated. I tried setting up the new version of fixer.io's api with a free key but it still has errors.

 

I really hope this plugin gets an update - I used it quite often when it was working.

Hey @uxjw

Thank you for your feedback, i will look in to the issue and get back to you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 10:54 AM, Jeppe Stærk said:

Hey @uxjw

Thank you for your feedback, i will look in to the issue and get back to you.

 

Hey @uxjw

I have updated the workflow to work with alfred 4 and a new api.

Please update and give feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/15/2019 at 7:22 PM, Tony D said:

I'm a newbie to Alfred using v4.  Just trying this workflow out but  each time I use it, it just asks for me to set my default currency again.  Anyone else running into this?

 

Hey @Tony D

I have updated the workflow to work with alfred 4 and a new api.

Please update and give feedback.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...