App not recognized in Applications folder

Stratocumulus

Hello,

Weird thing, using Mojave 10.14.1 (not sure if it happens in High Sierra or previous versions), Alfred 3.7 [938], easy and consistently replicatable: Alfred only recognizes two of the three apps in the "DaVinci Resolve" folder, which is the default folder created by that application inside the "Applications" folder.

The problem remains even if I manually add the "DaVinci Resolve" folder to the Search Scope list in Preferences.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 08.22.56.png

Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 08.22.43.png

When I drop the file on the Metadata Tool I get this:

/Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app

Internal File Metadata
======================

Display Name: 
    Alt Names: 
    File Type: 
     Comments: 
     Keywords: 
    Last Used: 

Raw mdls File Metadata
======================

If I prefix the search with "open" then Alfred opens the enclosing folder (which is the same name as the app, which may be the problem here).

@Stratocumulus If you drop a normal, indexed app as a comparison, you'll see how much metadata is expected about an application; It contains information about the name, the location, the content types it belongs to, and so on.

You can try opening Spotlight's Privacy tab, dragging the app to it, waiting 30 seconds, dragging it back out, waiting again, then dragging it in again, which should have forced macOS to reindex the app and hopefully populate its metadata.

If that doesn't happen, your best bet to get around the lack of data for that file is to create a tiny workflow connecting a keyword to an Open File. Set the keyword to the app's name, and drag in the app to be opened.

Cheers,
Vero