Lotus Notes email search

Hi all,

I had a problem with this workflow at the beginning, but now is seems to be working ok:

LN.png

The workflow is here.

PS: I have just one problem - when the text after "ln" is typed fast, then the result is empty - the same text typed a bit slowly shows expected results... Are you facing the same problem with this workflow?

- Jan

Edited by dzejar
  • 2 weeks later...

Just one hint: do you have enabled indexing of LN databases?

Start Lotus Notes -> menu Actions -> menu item Desktop Search...

-> Add... & select your mail database file

-> Enable indexing...

-> Apply

• 7 months later...

Thanks for this workflow. Very handy to be able to search specifically for emails.

Just wanted to flag up that if you have a more recent install of Notes the path to the Spotlight data is different - Lotus Notes has been replaced with just Notes. This happened relatively recently when IBM retired the Lotus Brand, and may be what is bugging Xandrik

So the new path is  ~\Library\Caches\Metadata\IBM\Notes\Spotlight (slashes may be the wrong way but you get the idea). It's very easy to just drag this new path into the settings for the file filter object. 

I also got stuck in and added the note subject and text to the scope so it works just like Spotlight but specifically on Notes. 

• 4 years later...
On 11/19/2013 at 4:23 PM, emilyobyrne said:

I also got stuck in and added the note subject and text to the scope so it works just like Spotlight but specifically on Notes. 

Do you still have this workflow? The original Dropbox link is now 404, but would be very handy.

• 1 year later...