DickDi

A simple question about python

Hello,everybody! I want to implement a very simple function by workflow. First, type the keyword as a trigger  and a number (for example decimal 23.45678) as a query. Then,  convert  it to 23.46(keep two decimal places). Finally, copy the consequence to the clipboard. It seems a really easy job.  But I don’t know how the query or arguments input and output through python. After searching answers for several hours, I can’t find similar demos from internet. It makes me a little depressed.

Could anybody do me a favor? Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, vitor said:

Welcome @DickDi,

Why python, can’t it be any language? Here’s a Workflow that does what you ask, in ruby.

It works! Thank you~~~😉

Sometimes Python seems to be more friendly than other language. And I prepare to rewrite the workflow for some other functions(easy calculations), hmm~~~😁

from __future__ import print_function 
print('{:.2f}'.format(42.022345545456))

Will return

You could you pyperclip to write to the clipboard or pass the object along to the Alfred clipboard object.

Dean Jackson's Alfred-Workflow library can handle the interface with Alfred if you need more complexity.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:50 AM, amoose136 said:

from __future__ import print_function 
print('{:.2f}'.format(42.022345545456))

Will return

You could you pyperclip to write to the clipboard or pass the object along to the Alfred clipboard object.

Dean Jackson's Alfred-Workflow library can handle the interface with Alfred if you need more complexity.

Thanks so much !