mrtechnique

Strip Extra Spaces and Replacing Quotation Marks

Is there a way to strip extra white space characters. For example, if a client sends me some content that may have 2 spaces after every period? I'd like to be able to copy everything they gave me and paste it without any double spaces after each period.

Also, clients tend to send me documents with ‟ and ” which causes display issues on websites. I'd like to be able to replace these types of quotes with the standard " from my keyboard.

You can replace the spaces and quotes easily using regular expressions. The regex “ +” (space plus) matches one or more spaces. Replace that with a single space.

6 minutes ago, mrtechnique said:

Never mind. I found it. I didn't know I needed to create a workflow for this.

Ah, sorry. I forgot to reply. Glad you got it working!

I did! I'd like to also add a replace utility to replace all “” with ". I know to replace “|” with ". I tried to add another replace utility to the workflow, but it wouldn't strip the spaces and change the quotes. This is what I have now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0ofs79woahdwcr/Screenshot%202019-06-07%2011.20.45.jpg?dl=0