Jump to content

Alfred eats CPU and RAM when trying to update GitHub workflow

Recommended Posts

I'm running Alfred 4.0.3 [1092] with the Powerpack on macOS 10.14.6. I use Dropbox to sync my Alfred preferences, and I had an old GitHub workflow installed. When I tried to use it by typing "gh " it told me there was an update available.

I chose the "> update" option. Then I opened Alfred again, typed "gh " and the "> update" option appeared again, so I chose it again. Then I opened Alfred again, and typed "gh " and then chose "> changelog" to try to figure out whether it had already updated or not. Then my computer was slowing to a crawl, and I opened Activity Monitor to see what was the culprit.


To my surprise, Alfred was using over 30% CPU and 9 GBs of RAM (!). I captured a sample using Activity Monitor hoping it may help troubleshoot the problem, and killed Alfred.


It's back to normal now, but I'm afraid to update this workflow again :)


Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 2.42.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.19.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.19.50 PM.png

Share this post

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...