Move/Copy Files

I tried to make workflow that enables you to:
Step 1: Select files in Finder
Step 2: type keywords to move/copy it to destination folder (you specify the destination by typing it to Alfred)

I make this because i feel drag & drop files in Finder is a bit slow and using terminal directly to use mv and cp commands took too much steps too
Feel free to download it here: https://github.com/fipo42/Alfred-Move-Copy-Files/releases/tag/v0.1.0
and suggest improvement in Github page here: https://github.com/fipo42/Alfred-Move-Copy-Files/tree/v0.1.0

This is actually a very simple code, for any experienced user you can just actually code this yourself (i'm a total newbie hahaha)
But might be useful for anyone who don't want to code this themselves.

yes there is one in Alfred's action menu, but i want to be able to select the files directly from Finder but moving it with Alfred... so i can manage to move/copy several files at once without sorting the files directly from Alfred (because maybe i don't want to move entire folder but some of it contents)

I don't know if anyone will find this useful since there is built-in action option in Alfred but it works out for me

29 minutes ago, fipo42 said:

but i want to be able to select the files directly from Finder but moving it with Alfred...

You can do that with Alfred's Selection Hotkey.

But if you don't use that very often, a workflow with a keyword is easier to remember.

Hi @timmetz, welcome to the forum.

If you want Alfred to do that automatically, then no. Alfred doesn't watch folders, and fundamentally only does stuff when you explicitly tell it to. You can use a Launch Agent to watch a folder and run a custom script, or if you don't want to do any coding, Hazel would be the ideal tool, and I think Keyboard Maestro can do it, too.

If you want to manually search for a specific file type in a specific folder and choose which ones to move, you can do that with a File Filter.