Show Full Title/Tooltip of the Name property within the Snippets Viewer

Dear Alfred Devs,

I primarily fell in love with the snippet functionality. As I work a lot with ffmpeg I stored some often used commands as snippets. I also use the Name property as a place to add some useful information about a specific command (see screenshot). However, the Snippet Viewer truncates long titles if they exceed a certain width, and the Snippet Viewer indicates this behavior with an ellipsis (…). So far so good. However, a common UX feature is that truncated text reveals its full content when the mouse hovers over it (aka tooltip/title).

This not yet the case, and my notes are hidden after the truncation …

Thank you for considering.

1211173418_ScreenShot2021-02-05at18_32_54.thumb.png.6fcc99e38fbf1ffc79fcada4231b97c0.png

Edited by Kalaschnik

• Kalaschnik changed the title to Show Full Title/Tooltip of the Name property within the Snippets Viewer

@Kalaschnik Given Alfred's primarily intended to be used from the keyboard, a hover-over would require moving from the keyboard, grabbing the mouse and hovering over the particular results.

Perhaps in your case, as you're not using the text auto-expansion feature, something like a List Filter workflow instead of snippets might be better suited. You can then have a title and subtext, and then have that paste text.

Here's how List Filters work:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/inputs/list-filter/

Then connect a Copy to Clipboard utility to paste your argument to the frontmost app.

Let me know if you need more help...

Cheers,
Vero