Paste multiple items to clipboard in workflow

jct

It would be great if Alfred could offer a feature to paste multiple items to the clipboard, i.e. creating separate entries in the clipboard history. As an example, this would enable a workflow that splits the current clipboard into multiple entries. Or am I missing a way this could be implemented right now?

This is something I have actually tried. However, most of the items didn't appear in the clipboard history. Apparently, the items have to remain in the clipboard for a while for Alfred to capture them. It works if I add a 1 second delay between the pbcopy-operations, but of course this way it takes ample time to populate the clipboard history.

22 minutes ago, jct said:

Apparently, the items have to remain in the clipboard for a while for Alfred to capture them

Yup. There's no way Alfred can ask macOS to notify it when the clipboard changes (AFAIK), so it has to check it every so often.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Having a bunch of stuff in Alfred's clipboard history doesn't sound like it's your actual end goal.

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2021 at 3:49 AM, deanishe said:

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Having a bunch of stuff in Alfred's clipboard history doesn't sound like it's your actual end goal.

For me, having a bunch of stuff in Alfred's clipboard history is actually the end goal. I have a workflow I use to copy a Bear markdown formatted link, the raw link, and the title of the current active Chrome tab to the clipboard history. Depending on the task, I need any one of the three. The process is slowed down by the waiting between copies that the OP mentioned.