Google Drive 47 vs Alfred indexing

Hay,

I've added the Google Drive's mounted drive to Alfred's Search Scope and I was able to search between thousands of Google Drive files within split seconds. It was like living in a dream!

But, since Drive updated to version 47 on my M1 based Mac Mini, it looks like Alfred app can not index files on the mounted Google Drive-drive anymore. I've tried deleting and re-adding the path (/Volumes/GoogleDrive), but that did not help.

This is just completely throwing my workflow out of the window. 

Any idea for fixing this? Some short term workaround?

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Geri, welcome to the forum.

When you have a question, please check if there's an existing thread covering the same topic before starting a new one. There are already several threads about Google Drive. Please post your GD questions in one of those:

https://www.alfredforum.com/search/?q=google drive&quick=1

2 hours ago, Geri said:

Alfred app can not index files on the mounted Google Drive-drive anymore

Alfred doesn't index files. It uses the standard macOS system index (the same as Spotlight).

2 hours ago, Geri said:

Any idea for fixing this? Some short term workaround?

The problem is somewhere amongst Apple's APIs for virtual filesystems and Google's usage of them.

The only reliable fix/workaround I'm aware of is to use the old version of Google Drive (now called "Backup and sync" IIRC, if it's still available) that actually syncs files to disk instead of presenting a virtual filesystem. (Or some other Google Drive-supporting sync software that writes the files to a real filesystem.)

I'm locking this topic as a duplicate.

Edited by deanishe