Argument Required not working in List Filter

Hi friends, need some help with this workflow. pretty sure i'm doing something wrong

What I want:

based on a keyword, list of option show up in the alfred window, I can select one of them which pass an argument to execute a script further

What I am doing:

I have a list filter that has argument required as optional. Few items in this list filter as sending in static argument like 50 or 100 to the next step. One item in the list tries to fetch the argument that I might pass in via the alfred window if needed. I'm using {query} to query it in the list filter and so it can be passed further. When I trigger this workflow, all other options with static argument work but I am not able to pass in an argument. When I select (focus) over the item that requires the argument and type in the value, alfred comes out of the workflow.

Another issue I'm facing is, when I'm trying to pass in numeric values via script filter, my workflow works, sending string like "on" or "off" breaks it. it works if i dont use list filter and use script filter though. anything wrong here

couldn't attach workflow here so attaching images. its a tiny workflow i'm making to learn

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.50.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.50.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.50.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.50.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.50.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.50.53 AM.png

46 minutes ago, andy4222 said:

I'm using {query} to query it in the list filter and so it can be passed further. When I trigger this workflow, all other options with static argument work but I am not able to pass in an argument.

You seem to be confusing the way a List Filter works with the way a Script Filter works. There is no {query} in a List Filter.

You can't pass on the user's input, only a fixed value from the List Filter.

47 minutes ago, andy4222 said:

When I select (focus) over the item that requires the argument and type in the value, alfred comes out of the workflow.

That is what will happen if the query you enter is not contained in "Set Night Shift strength to {query}".

The simple solution is to add a Keyword Input with the same Keyword as your List Filter (and Argument Required) and connect that to the same output as your List Filter.

52 minutes ago, andy4222 said:

couldn't attach workflow here so attaching images.

Please do not do this. Screenshots rarely help. Upload the workflow to iCloud or similar and post a link.