basic question - why won't {query} appear in Notification?

I am setting up a very simple workflow (my first).

I have a keyword linked to a Run NSAppleScript action, with a script that executes successfully.  Here's the script:

on alfred_script(q)
  tell application "TaskPaper"
    tell front document
        tell project named "Inbox"
            make new entry at beginning with properties {name:"- " & q}
        end tell
    end tell
end tell
end alfred_script

The Run NSAppleScript action links to a Post Notification output with text set to

{query} added to Taskpaper

If I check the "Only show if passed in argument has content" box, the notification doesn't display.  If I uncheck the blank, I get a notification reading "added to Taskpaper".  i.e. the Post Notification output thinks that {query} is blank.

How do I get the NSAppleScript to pass on {query} to the Post Notification output?

I am setting up a very simple workflow (my first).

I have a keyword linked to a Run NSAppleScript action, with a script that executes successfully.  Here's the script:

on alfred_script(q)
  tell application "TaskPaper"
    tell front document
        tell project named "Inbox"
            make new entry at beginning with properties {name:"- " & q}
        end tell
    end tell
end tell
end alfred_script

The Run NSAppleScript action links to a Post Notification output with text set to

{query} added to Taskpaper

If I check the "Only show if passed in argument has content" box, the notification doesn't display.  If I uncheck the blank, I get a notification reading "added to Taskpaper".  i.e. the Post Notification output thinks that {query} is blank.

How do I get the NSAppleScript to pass on {query} to the Post Notification output?

You aren't returning anything from the script so there is nothing sent to output of the NSAppleScript, therefore {query} is empty when it gets to the next step