Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


dfay last won the day on June 11

dfay had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About dfay

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Interests
    see also https://github.com/derickfay - assorted small projects related to Keynote, BibDesk, Alfred, Taskpaper & more
    http://dfay.fastmail.fm/et/ - using Editorial with TaskPaper files
    http://dfay.fastmail.fm/bibdesk/ - BibDesk scripts and templates
    and a blast from the past: http://dfay.fastmail.fm/wordperfect - WordPerfect on the Mac

Recent Profile Visitors

6,000 profile views
  1. converting HHMMSS to Seconds

    See also this which uses conversion to seconds as the basis for a time calculator
  2. Ooh it sure would be nice to have a better interface for editing services....
  3. Change clipboard case

    It probably can, but the workflows date back to Alfred 2 before those features were available.
  4. Change clipboard case

    haha no worries @derBingle - there is also this which I'm sure is overkill for most users including myself
  5. Change clipboard case

    Or bash & perl, or python
  6. last I heard he had dropped out of his PhD program
  7. I've run into this issue as well, and don't have a ready solution. I think any kind of automated sync / merge would probably not be worth the effort to build (for me at least) b/c the # of use cases are so few and the modifications I have made usually only take 5-10 minutes to replicate. Fortunately most of the workflows I've modified have been fairly stable (or to put it less kindly, abandoned by the authors) so I haven't run into it lately.... One thing which might help would be an option to "Update as Copy" vs. "Update Existing Workflow" i.e. to have the option to create a new instance of the workflow which could then be manually compared to the old modified version.
  8. And we admire @deanishe for his patience in replying!
  9. Also, if you're using any older workflows that haven't been updated, you will need to change any AppleScript references from "Alfred 2" to "Alfred 3". But this is a matter for the workflow developers, not a native Alfred issue.
  10. AppleScript does not work?

    Just to second what Vero said, having done a lot of UI scripting in AppleScript, I would only use it as an absolute last resort...
  11. https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/9662-ulysses-workflow/#comment-48350
  12. I use BTT but it doesn't give you per workflow customization with Alfred.
  13. While we're adding options to the Open functionality, there's also screen selection: I think this could be done with a couple of modifier keys and/or a preference (ideally per app) to open up functionality for those users who want it without confusing things too much.
  14. These were the directions I followed: https://yourmacguy.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/make-your-own-url-handler/ and here's the script that I used in the handler (complete with all my commented-out testing lines): on open location theURL -- set theURL to "sourceapp://x-callback-url/success?targetId=jsvEPFa6vvq3vDmrAt4KGA&targetURL=ulysses://x-callback-url/open?id%3DjsvEPFa6vvq3vDmrAt4KGA" -- display dialog theURL set x to the offset of "ulysses" in theURL set y to the offset of "?id%3D" in theURL -- display dialog y set theNewSheet to text from x to y of theURL & "id=" & text from (y + 6) to -1 of theURL -- display dialog theNewSheet tell application "BibDesk" set thePublications to the selection of document 1 repeat with thePub in thePublications add theNewSheet to thePub end repeat end tell end open location and here's the script for the workflow itself: tell application "BibDesk" activate -- without document, there is no selection, so nothing to do if (count of documents) = 0 then beep display dialog "No documents found." buttons {"•"} default button 1 giving up after 3 end if set thePublications to selection of document 1 repeat with thePub in thePublications export document 1 using template "exportMarkdown" to clipboard for thePub set Markdown_link to "" set CiteKey to cite key of item 1 of thePub set ItemURL to "x-bdsk://" & CiteKey -- set itemName to title of item i of thePub set theWikiLink to "[" & CiteKey & "]" & "(" & ItemURL & ")" set Markdown_link to (Markdown_link) & theWikiLink set theText to ("# " & (the clipboard) & Markdown_link) set theKeywords to get keywords of thePub as string set theKeywords to my replace_chars(theKeywords, " ", "_") set theHashtagKeywords to "#" & my replace_chars(theKeywords, ",_", " #") set theTemplate to " Date: " & my todayISOformat() & " Keywords: " & theHashtagKeywords set theCommand to quoted form of ("ulysses://x-callback-url/new-sheet?x-success=ulbd://x-callback-url/success&text=" & theText & theTemplate) do shell script "open " & theCommand end repeat end tell -- -- -- Helpers -- -- -- on todayISOformat() set theDate to current date set y to text -4 thru -1 of ("0000" & (year of theDate)) set m to text -2 thru -1 of ("00" & ((month of theDate) as integer)) set d to text -2 thru -1 of ("00" & (day of theDate)) return y & "-" & m & "-" & d end todayISOformat on replace_chars(this_text, search_string, replacement_string) set AppleScript's text item delimiters to the search_string set the item_list to every text item of this_text set AppleScript's text item delimiters to the replacement_string set this_text to the item_list as string set AppleScript's text item delimiters to "" return this_text end replace_chars Most of it's getting stuff ready in BibDesk but the line "set theCommand...." is the important one -- it sets the x-success to return a ulbd:// URL which is what the handler is registered for. It's kind of a kludge since it's really only designed for this one scenario, rather than processing the callback and doing different things with it but it should give the overall idea.