Jump to content

Can't find any file after mac migration


Billbucket
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been using Alfred for more than 2 years now without any issue. I migrated my account to a newer mac a few days ago, and since then Alfred doesn't find any of my files when I search for them. I did the migration using migration assistant, for a full system copy.

 

I went on the troubleshooting page (https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/) and followed every step:

0. Built in troubleshooting didn't detect any issue (output below)

1. Adding "find" or "open" in the query doesn't change anything (plus, I never needed it before)

2. I cannot find a file named "Homework.pdf" in a folder on my desktop, but the "folder in home" option is checked in the search preferences. I also tried to manually add the folder in the search scope but it didn't solve it. 

3/4. When I search the file with spotlight, it finds it so I assume spotlights preferences are fine

5. I rebuilt the mac metadata index, it didn't solve it

6. same thing with reloading the cache

7. the file is called "Homework.pdf", there shouldn't be any problem regarding the name

 

I reset Alfred and to reinstalled it, but it didn't solve the issue.

 

I tried to be as specific as possible, please let me know if I can provide with any other useful information

 

Alfred version: 4.6 [1266]

MacOS: 12.0.1

 

Diagnostics output :

 

Starting Diagnostics...

File: 'homework.pdf'
Path: '/Users/myusername/Desktop/folder/Homework'

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check file cache database...

File cache integrity is ok

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check if file is readable...

Alfred has permissions to read this file.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check if volume '/' is indexed by macOS...

Indexing is enabled on this drive

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check direct file metadata...

Direct metadata available

Display Name: homework.pdf
 Other Names: 
Content Type: com.adobe.pdf
   Last Used: 2021-11-05 07:51:50 +0000

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check mdls file metadata...

Metadata contains required items

_kMDItemDisplayNameWithExtensions      = "homework.pdf"
kMDItemContentCreationDate             = 2021-11-02 21:21:40 +0000
kMDItemContentCreationDate_Ranking     = 2021-11-02 00:00:00 +0000
kMDItemContentModificationDate         = 2021-11-02 21:21:40 +0000
kMDItemContentModificationDate_Ranking = 2021-11-02 00:00:00 +0000
kMDItemContentType                     = "com.adobe.pdf"
kMDItemContentTypeTree                 = (
    "com.adobe.pdf",
    "public.data",
    "public.item",
    "public.composite-content",
    "public.content"
)
kMDItemCreator                         = "TeX"
kMDItemDateAdded                       = 2021-11-03 21:32:25 +0000
kMDItemDateAdded_Ranking               = 2021-11-03 00:00:00 +0000
kMDItemDisplayName                     = "homework.pdf"
kMDItemDocumentIdentifier              = 0
kMDItemEncodingApplications            = (
    "pdfTeX-1.40.19"
)
kMDItemFSContentChangeDate             = 2021-11-02 21:21:40 +0000
kMDItemFSCreationDate                  = 2021-11-02 21:21:40 +0000
kMDItemFSCreatorCode                   = ""
kMDItemFSFinderFlags                   = 0
kMDItemFSHasCustomIcon                 = (null)
kMDItemFSInvisible                     = 0
kMDItemFSIsExtensionHidden             = 0
kMDItemFSIsStationery                  = (null)
kMDItemFSLabel                         = 0
kMDItemFSName                          = "homework.pdf"
kMDItemFSNodeCount                     = (null)
kMDItemFSOwnerGroupID                  = 20
kMDItemFSOwnerUserID                   = 501
kMDItemFSSize                          = 259770
kMDItemFSTypeCode                      = ""
kMDItemInterestingDate_Ranking         = 2021-11-05 00:00:00 +0000
kMDItemKind                            = "Document PDF"
kMDItemLastUsedDate                    = 2021-11-05 07:51:50 +0000
kMDItemLastUsedDate_Ranking            = 2021-11-05 00:00:00 +0000
kMDItemLogicalSize                     = 259770
kMDItemNumberOfPages                   = 6
kMDItemPageHeight                      = 792
kMDItemPageWidth                       = 612
kMDItemPhysicalSize                    = 262144
kMDItemSecurityMethod                  = "None"
kMDItemUseCount                        = 7
kMDItemUsedDates                       = (
    "2021-11-02 23:00:00 +0000",
    "2021-11-03 23:00:00 +0000",
    "2021-11-04 23:00:00 +0000"
)
kMDItemVersion                         = "1.5"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check file is in search scope...

File exists within Alfred's default search scope

-----------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshooting passed
 

Edited by Billbucket
Add that I reinstalled the app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Billbucket Welcome to the forum :)

 

This is being discussed at length in this thread, so I would ask you to please take a look at the existing conversation, and follow the instructions in this post in particular, as it appears that it's resolving the issue for quite a few users:

 

I'm closing this thread as it's best to keep all related discussion in a single thread.

 

Cheers,
Vero

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Vero locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...