Run Script documentation

Hi Alfred team, not sure if this docs already exist but I didn't find them on https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/actions/run-script/  and had to spent some time digging around before I found https://www.deanishe.net/post/2018/10/workflow/environment-variables-in-alfred/#python

Would be good to have them on the Run Script page so it's easier to figure out how to get fetch args from different languages. 

7 hours ago, andy4222 said:

how to get fetch args

An arg is an argument. It’s what’s passed-in to an object. The placeholder text you see on a Run Script shows you how to get the first argument in each language. What you’re looking for is how to read environment variables. We’ve been interacting frequently so I want to make sure we have a shared understanding of the terms to avoid miscommunication. Arguments and environment variables aren’t Alfred concepts, so knowing how to apply them will help you search and navigate documentation.

The Run Script page doesn’t feel like the place for documenting this, because the concepts apply equally to Script Filters. That said, having this somewhere in the official docs does make sense. I’ll have a think about this. Thank you for pointing it out.

My bad, I was using args and env variables interchangeably in this post although I do know the difference. I was setting a few args in the arg utility and accessing them couple of steps down the line so they became env variables, that's why. 

1 hour ago, vitor said:

That said, having this somewhere in the official docs does make sense. I’ll have a think about thi

Thanks for considering.

• 3 weeks later...