Pressing enter with app search result selected opens the "recently selected files" pane instead of opening the app

alectivism

My Alfred App is up-to-date, but this has been an issue since Alfred 4. I didn't change any settings before this "bug" started to occur, and it only happens on one computer.

I want to restore the default action when pressing enter to open the selected application, not reveal the recently selected files. I'm not holding any modifier keys when I press enter. The attached screenshots show what appears when I press enter when I try to open Photoshop and WhatsApp, as examples.

How can I fix this? Thank you in advance

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 1.17.03 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 1.18.55 PM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@alectivism do you have any keyboard remapping tools installed or using a 3rd party keyboard? These are the most likely culprits.

Also, what options do you have enabled in the Prefs > Features > Universal Actions > Show Actions and the Selection Hotkey? Perhaps try unsetting the ones you aren't actively using.

Finally, do you have any of the Action Modifiers in Prefs > Advanced set (i.e. alt+return to show actions). If so, unselect this.

Cheers,

Andrew