Ignore folder - without using the alfred:ignore tag?

I understand that macOS's indexing is inclusion-based only and not exclusionary, and that therefore Alfred's workaround is to use the alfred:ignore tag. 

However I've been using tags heavily in my finder navigation where I mostly Group By Tags to separate my folder contents, like this:

image.thumb.png.3ad23f8867a557ba0e1ed63d955fd6b2.png

Problem is that the alfred:ignore tag creates an additional section and duplicates content that is already tagged with something else. 

image.png.c7c939c212cbb6780ca48a5e21e599cb.png

Might seem frivolous to most, but if you're relying on this tagging workflow like I do, I'd rather forgo the ignore tag and just deal with the unwanted results.

I know this is a long shot, but is there ANY other way to do this without using tags?

2 hours ago, dterranova said:

is there ANY other way to do this without using tags?

You can do it as a Finder comment too. Unfortunately, that’s not as reliable as the tag. For some reason Spotlight stopped indexing comments properly, so results may not be immediate or consistent.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, vitor said:

You can do it as a Finder comment too. Unfortunately, that’s not as reliable as the tag. For some reason Spotlight stopped indexing comments properly, so results may not be immediate or consistent.

yeah thanks, I tried that and it was certainly unreliable. 
It's so strange apple dropping the ball on this aspect of the OS.

Even the tags themselves are pretty buggy in OS 12.4, they were a lot better in 10.12 which I still have running on a different machine. Such a shame but mostly very frustrating.

Cheers anyways!