App Localization issue

rpb

I have problems with Apple's OS X Applications. In Finder, they only appear in their German name, but Alfred gets confused with the original English names. So if I type "not" to start the app "Notizen", only "Notizzettel" ("Stickies") appears. I tried to reload the application cache, but now no apps at all are shown.

I have problems with Apple's OS X Applications. In Finder, they only appear in their German name, but Alfred gets confused with the original English names. So if I type "not" to start the app "Notizen", only "Notizzettel" ("Stickies") appears. I tried to reload the application cache, but now no apps at all are shown.

Could you please rebuild your Mac's metadata? If no applications are showing, it's likely that OS X is unable to feed the information to Alfred.

You can rebuild your Mac's metadata by going to Alfred's advanced preferences and clicking "Rebuild OS X Metadata". This can take up to an hour to complete. Once completed, type "reload" into Alfred and let me know what results you're seeing. :)

Thanks, it didn't work first, but I found the problem: Somehow all my Volumes had been listed in Spotlight's Privacy (Don't index) tab - it wasn't me, I swear. No wonder that Alfred couldn't find anything. Now it's fine, and also the localization issue is gone.