Instantly search your Qnap files and emails via Qsirch API - Workflow

I recently installed Alfred and love it from the beginning. But, I couldn't find any guidance to search files on my QNAP NAS from Alfred's search bar. I can use QSirch from your QNAP admin panel, bit it’s just so much friction that I never used it. So, a few days ago I found this article https://piszek.com/2023/03/19/qnap-qsirch-php-api-alfred/ that explains how to integrate Alfred searches with the QNAP NAS. However, I have no experience or knowledge of PHP libraries.

I'm using the free version of Alfred but this feature is a deal breaker for me. So, I will move to the paid version if it works like its creator states. 

There are many people that will love this workflow if it works.

Any advice or recommendation?

Welcome @Enghel,

26 minutes ago, Enghel said:

I have no experience or knowledge of PHP libraries.

None is needed, it’s just copying some text and replacing your details.

27 minutes ago, Enghel said:

if it works like its creator states. 

I see no reason why it shouldn’t, that post is just a month old. But I use none of those services or devices so can’t personally attest to it. Contacting the author of that post should be the way to go for specific questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Enghel - were you able to get this to work on your Mac/Alfred/Qnap?
If so, can you please share what you've learned?
I would really like to get this up and running on my network - thanks in advance!!

Also - if anyone else would kindly like to chime in - I would be forever in your debt.
The topic we're looking for help with is located here:

https://piszek.com/2023/03/19/qnap-qsirch-php-api-alfred/

What about this script must be modified?
How does it work, exactly??
Thank you in advance!!

Charlotte

Edited by Charlotte415
On 5/18/2023 at 2:02 PM, Charlotte415 said:

Hi Enghel - were you able to get this to work on your Mac/Alfred/Qnap?
If so, can you please share what you've learned?
I would really like to get this up and running on my network - thanks in advance!!

Also - if anyone else would kindly like to chime in - I would be forever in your debt.
The topic we're looking for help with is located here:

https://piszek.com/2023/03/19/qnap-qsirch-php-api-alfred/

What about this script must be modified?
How does it work, exactly??
Thank you in advance!!

Charlotte

Basically you need to Copy the PHP then create the Script Filter and then update the HTTP URL,  USERNAME and PASSWORD fields in the Script Filter

On 5/21/2023 at 10:06 PM, Terminal said:

Basically you need to Copy the PHP then create the Script Filter and then update the HTTP URL,  USERNAME and PASSWORD fields in the Script Filter

Thank you SO much for your response... BUT - where does the PHP code go?? Do you put it into the Alfred Workflow? 

As you can tell by my question - I'm a bit of a NOOB - any expansion of your response would be helpful - Thank You!! 

19 minutes ago, Charlotte415 said:

Thank you SO much for your response... BUT - where does the PHP code go?? Do you put it into the Alfred Workflow? 

As you can tell by my question - I'm a bit of a NOOB - any expansion of your response would be helpful - Thank You!! 

I’ll record a video tonight 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 8:28 PM, Terminal said:

https://streamable.com/m7xlyq

If you don't already have PHP installed. You can do that via Homebrew. I will not be maintaining this as I don't use Qnip

Hi, sounds great but I couldn't see the video. I still have the free version of Alfred with no workflows and still deciding if the paid version if what I need to make my qnap files visibles on Alfred.