Snippet not resolving in Large Type output [Fixed 5.1.2 b2141 pre-release]

lehcar3

Per the "insert variable" {} menu on the Large Type output, we should be able to add a snippet value if we use the preface snippet: and use the keyword of the snippet. This is also explained in documentation here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/placeholders/#snippets

* What you were doing when the issue happened

Trying to show a snippet value in large type, it doesn't resolve

* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

Yes

* Include any screenshots that might help us

Screenshot 1: my large type (workflow steps shown immediately below the large type box -- I isolated the steps keyword->large type while troubleshooting. keyword has no argument)

Screenshot 2: the value of my snippet over in the snippet section of Alfred UI. Nothing special (dynamic) about it. Uses ! prefix.

Screenshot 3: the large type output. Snippet does not resolve

* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using (don't say "latest" - you'll find a version number in the Update tab of Alfred's preferences)

Alfred 5.1.1

* Include your macOS version 

macOS Monterey 12.6.5

image.thumb.png.b1bab2e885609338e8ee08a14653fc56.png

image.png.b0a9d4a78fc5098cbff2a149e79a9ee7.png

image.thumb.png.de5fdd4cc24a42751bcfcf6a52b4d7bf.png

@lehcar3 Historically, the {snippet:...} placeholder wasn't included in these items to prevent confusion if you were publishing a workflow.

I do agree that this can be useful though, so I've targeted this as an improvement for 5.2.

Cheers,

Andrew

I forgot to mention, until this is implemented, a workaround is to add a Copy to Clipboard object before the Large Type object, as this the Copy to Clipboard object fully resolves snippets and outputs the text which can be used in the following object.

• Andrew changed the title to Snippet not resolving in Large Type output [Fixed 5.1.2 b2141 pre-release]