how to restrict Dynamic File Search by @vero to subfolders

Hello,

I use @vero 's Dynamic File Search Workflow a lot. I would like to be able to open alfred → type FF (the keyword) → select the folder of interest → continue searching specifically for sub-folders in that folder of interest (not the files).

thanks in advance for your time and help

@rob213 To do this, first duplicate the workflow (so that the bundle ID is removed, ensuring that next time we update that workflow, it doesn't overwrite yours). I'd recommend changing the workflow name - and keyword if you wish - to make sure it doesn't cause confusion later :)

Next, take a look at the workflow objects - the one you want to edit is the third object titled "Search for files".

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 11.03.12.png

Double-click the third object to open the configuration and you'll see that the File Types section is empty. If you drag in a folder, you'll then narrow down the filtering to only showing you folders. Change the title to "Search for subfolders" and save your changes, and you're done!

thank you very much @Vero . It's crystal clear and I will follow your instructions. I imagine that it would be asking too much to modify the workflow to be able to decide at one point of the search "OK, from now on search for files and folders" ?

@rob213 If you want to search for files and folders, add a file of the type you want to search to the scope as well. You can include as many or as few file types as you want in the File Types (hence it being a large box with multiple lines)

image.png

For example, the search above would include folders and PDF files.

However, you might be better off duplicating the workflow and creating individual ones for folders and files for ease and search efficiency :)

9 minutes ago, Vero said:

you might be better off duplicating the workflow and creating individual ones for folders and files for ease and search efficiency

I think that it's the best option. Just want to make sure that there is no way to suddenly switch to another workflow, as I wanted to add a workflow in addition to reveal in finder and open file.

thanks very much @Vero