Deactivate keybind in a text field in a file manager (or when nothing is selected)

I have a workflow that opens selected files in file managers in a text editor via a keybind that is only active when those managers have focus

But then this workflow is also triggered when I edit a file name, although in this case I only get the text editor launched, but the file is not opened (i guess it's not counted as selected)

Is there a way to disable this workflow/keybind when the file manager is in the "text field editing" mode? Or at least when there is nothing selected?

@esv It's not totally clear what you're looking to do, but if what you want to do is ignore a hotkey when a particular app is in focus, you can add it here and choose "not in focus" so that the hotkey combo only works when that app is not in focus:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/triggers/hotkey/#related-apps

If I've misunderstood your question, please do clarify and share any workflow in progress you're creating so that we can help you further.

40 minutes ago, Vero said:

want to do is ignore a hotkey when a particular app is in focus

no, I've got that part (although the opposite - I want my keybind to only work in a specific app)

1.  This shortcut works to open a selected file in a text editor
  2. However, it also opens a text editor when I edit filename in that file manager.

I want to disable behavior #2, so that ⎇S keybind does NOT work when I'm renaming a file or I'm in a search field or

I can't attach my workflow since only images are accepted, so just attaching the screenshot (ignore the top left icon, the universal action works fine for the purposes of this post, but the keybind in the bottom left corner is what it's fully working)

image.thumb.png.9228525485399e5929e6309e7a1197e0.png