Disk Usage — See available disk space in all volumes

vitor

When reporting issues, please include your exact installed versions of:

• The Workflow.
  • Alfred.
  • macOS.

In addition to:

• The debugger output. Perform the failing action, click “Copy” on the top right and paste it here.
  • Details on what you did, what happened, and what you expected to happen. A short video of the steps with the debugger open may help to find the problem faster.

Thank you. Accurate and thorough information is crucial for a proper diagnosis which allows me to help you better.

• 1 month later...

A n00b question from a new Alfred user.....

I see an unexpected result when I run this workflow.

When I compare the output from the workflow to what is reported when I use System Settings - General - Storage the results differ by approximately 35 GB, see attached screenshots.

This is on a M1 MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.1.1

Is there anything I can do to get the results more in line or is it just misinterpretation from my side?

Screenshot2023-11-09at10_11_23.png.614e89ae5dd233a2710112fa03f72ba3.pngScreenshot2023-11-09at10_26_53.thumb.jpg.8e935cceff3fa2d2161de0b3ad354e30.jpg

The workflow uses Apple’s APIs to check. Specifically, AvailableCapacity. None of the others return the exact same as Storage in System Settings. If you check in Disk Utility, you should see exactly the same as is returned by the workflow. This is normal, and you can learn more about it searching online: