clipboard and snippet pasting is failing

* What you were doing when the issue happened

This is happening frequently, almost routinely, doing opt+cmd+C and selecting the item I want to paste or just doing Cmd+V expecting it to paste the last item copied to the clipboard with cmd+C
* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

replicates routinely, frequently
* Include any screenshots that might help us
* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using (don't say "latest" - you'll find a version number in the Update tab of Alfred's preferences)

Alfred 5.1.4
* Include your macOS version

I will copy material and then immediately go cmd+V and it will paste an old clipboard item. Sometimes it will get fixated on one particular item and always copy that same item no matter what I do. Just now I entered one of my own snippet codse that I had created and instead of expanding it correctly it pasted the clipboard item of the moment that it was fixated on.

Same problem even if I do opt+cmd+C and scroll down or use a key to select a clipboard item

Roger

@renforter Could you please open TextEdit to a blank document, then pop up the Clipboard History Viewer, browse down a few items in the list and press Return? Is the correct item pasted?

If it isn't, then please open macOS System Settings to the Privacy & Security section > Accessibility. Remove Alfred from the list, then use the [+] button to re-add Alfred manually to the list. Try the action above again and let me know how you get on.

If the correct item pastes into TextEdit, could you then please clarify which app you're using when you're encountering the issue where the wrong item is pasted? Could another app that manipulates the clipboard be running on your Mac, potentially interfering with the Clipboard's normal operation? Let me know and I'll be happy to help you further :)

@jwm Welcome to the forum :)

Could you please provide more details about what's not working with snippets and clipboard?

- Have you checked that Accessibility is granted to Alfred? Have you tried removing and re-adding Alfred to ensure macOS is "nudged" into seeing that you've granted it?
- If you launch TextEdit (a simple and native app, ideal for testing) and try to paste from the Clipboard Viewer by browsing down to an item and pressing Enter, what happens?
- If your Clipboard entry pastes in TextEdit, in which apps do you see a different behaviour?

The more information you provide, the easier it'll be for me to help troubleshoot what's happening on your Mac :)

Of course now that I work as you tell me with Textedit, it is working fine.

There didnt seem to be any particular app where the problem occured. It seemed widespread and pervasive, frequent.

But I will track it more carefully now and notice which apps and circumstances trigger the problem.

Thanks for responding so promptly.

45 minutes ago, Vero said:

@jwm Welcome to the forum :)

Could you please provide more details about what's not working with snippets and clipboard?

- Have you checked that Accessibility is granted to Alfred? Have you tried removing and re-adding Alfred to ensure macOS is "nudged" into seeing that you've granted it?
- If you launch TextEdit (a simple and native app, ideal for testing) and try to paste from the Clipboard Viewer by browsing down to an item and pressing Enter, what happens?
- If your Clipboard entry pastes in TextEdit, in which apps do you see a different behaviour?

The more information you provide, the easier it'll be for me to help troubleshoot what's happening on your Mac :)

Hi there, Still not working on my end
Here is a screen recording: https://cln.sh/z8wBdH2K

I'm on MacOS Sonoma 14.1.1 (23B81) and Alfred 5.1.4 (2195)

@jwm That means there may be a different issue happening on your Mac. Have you modified or remapped the Cmd + V hotkey combo or are you running a different app that may be interfering with the normal operation of the Cmd + V paste command?

Can you use Cmd + C to copy from the Clipboard Viewer, then Cmd + V to paste to the frontmost app?

I would also suggest creating a new user account on your Mac temporarily, activating your Powerpack and seeing whether you're able to use the Clipboard History normally on that profile. This could indicate that something on your primary profile is interfering.

The more details you can share in your replies, the more likely we'll be able to help you get to the bottom of the issue on your Mac :)

[Moved to Discussion & Help]

On 11/18/2023 at 12:18 PM, Vero said:

@jwm That means there may be a different issue happening on your Mac. Have you modified or remapped the Cmd + V hotkey combo or are you running a different app that may be interfering with the normal operation of the Cmd + V paste command?

Can you use Cmd + C to copy from the Clipboard Viewer, then Cmd + V to paste to the frontmost app?

I would also suggest creating a new user account on your Mac temporarily, activating your Powerpack and seeing whether you're able to use the Clipboard History normally on that profile. This could indicate that something on your primary profile is interfering.

The more details you can share in your replies, the more likely we'll be able to help you get to the bottom of the issue on your Mac :)

[Moved to Discussion & Help]

I restarted my computer and it seems to be working normally now.
I'll keep an eye out if it stops working again after running certain apps 🤞