Node.js workflows deployment

Hi all 👋

I've created some really useful workflow, which exists in NPM, but I cannot deploy it into the Alfred gallery due to the requirement of Node.js to their action. 

I've found this guide, saying I can set a list of dependencies to my workflow, which will resolve this scenario and allow me to deploy the workflows:
https://www.alfredapp.com/help/kb/dependencies/

Does anyone can provide a bit more information on the issue?

Here are my workflows though:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/alfred-open-whatsapp

https://www.npmjs.com/package/alfred-search-bookmark

8 minutes ago, Aviv said:

which exists in NPM

As we’ve discussed previously, workflows on NPM can’t be added to the Gallery. There has to be a way to download them normally.

But either way you don’t push workflows to the Gallery directly, they have to through an approval process that confirms they are useful to and trusted by the community and are safe. The Submit page on the Gallery explains everything you need to know.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 11:57 PM, Textdriven said:

I'm really hoping this  Open WhatsApp workflow can make it to the gallery or be easy to install. It is what i've been searching for.

Hi man 👋

I've just got a new framework that allows Node.js workflows to be independent pieces, without node_modules. 

I'm working on the documentation at the moment. 

For now, you can see this workflow has already migrated to use the new framework 🏆

Edited by Aviv
Links
3 hours ago, Textdriven said:

Amazing thank you. Working great!

Definitely deserves to me in the gallery. Now we just need one for slack.

I'm actually thinking of adding the same workflow and a few more capabilities, such as making a call, sending a message, open Slack maybe...

We might need to change the name though 😆

Cool.

One thing with the workflow is that is doesn't seem to let me search multiple terms. So if i type their first name and then want to continue to filter by their section name it stops working.

Edited by Textdriven
10 minutes ago, Textdriven said:

Cool.

One thing with the workflow is that is doesn't seem to let me search multiple terms. So if i type their first name and then want to continue to filter by their section name it stops working.

What do you mean by `section`?

For now, the fuzzy search looks for these fields

55 minutes ago, Textdriven said:

Sorry I meant to say "second" name.

So if i type "john" i see results but if i start to type "john s" it stops showing results even if there is a john smith. 

Not a huge deal. Just thoughts i'd mention it. 

Well, I do find it odd...
Could you screenshot your console?
BTW, which version are you using? see the latest 🙏

image.thumb.png.52fcce490ecdb008faa045499e1ff3e6.png