File buffer alters `//` to `/` when passing a URL instead of a file path

When I put `"type": "file:skipcheck"` in script filter results and pass its argument to the file buffer, the `//` in the string is automatically altered to `/`, which makes urls invalid.

@saor47 The "file:skipcheck" is simply to tell Alfred not to check if a file exists before presenting to the user. This doesn't alter the argument passed out.

Also, the File Buffer is for files only, not URLs, so it's  not clear what you're trying to achieve.

Could you please provide a small example workflow, and a bit more of a description, that'd be helpful!

Cheers,

Andrew

Hello.

I understand the file buffer is meant for files, but since it‘s possible to skip the file check, I figured I could also collect text strings with it, in order to i.e. concatenate multiple strings, or open multiple urls altogether. But the urls passed into file buffer then become “https:/xxx“.

@saor47 To clarify my previous reply, you're instructing Alfred that you're passing a file path back as the argument, but telling him to skip the validation.

If you would like Alfred to skip this check because you are certain the files you are returning exist, use "type": "file:skipcheck".

If you're forcibly passing back a URL instead of a file as the argument, the behaviour becomes undefined / unsupported.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to Workflow Questions]

• Andrew changed the title to File buffer alters `//` to `/` when passing a URL instead of a file path

Well, by setting `"type": "file:skipcheck"`, I’m able to collect URLs in the file buffer and send them to actions that accept multiple strings, which pretty much meets my needs. But the double slashes in the strings are all replaced with single ones. I suppose this wouldn’t affect file paths since there’re normally no double slashes in file paths. But if this could be fixed then the file buffer will also work for URLs (even though it wasn’t designed to do so).