Grid View - command + / - to decrease, increase column count (and set variable)

I had my first play with Grid View yesterday and it's very slick! 🏆

I have a few suggestions if you'll hear them:

• I know about ⌘0 but it would be fantastic if ⌘+ and ⌘- could "resize" the grid, increasing or decreasing the size of the thumbnails. 
  • Dovetailing with that, a way to programmatically set the grid size via JSON or workflow variable would be lovely to have
  • And finally my "reach" request (I know it's a big one) - Multi-Select (similar to the way fzf works if you've ever used it). TAB key to mark/unmark an item and then ENTER to pass all selected objects to the output.

Glad you like it! And thank you for the suggestions. Few notes on the bottom two:

35 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

a way to programmatically set the grid size via JSON or workflow variable

You can, by overriding the object’s JSON. Both Thumbnail Navigation and Short Films do that.

35 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

Multi-Select

The File Buffer works in Grid View too.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, vitor said:

The File Buffer works in Grid View too.

I noticed that this only works if the source is “Object Input”. If the source is “Script” and the item’s JSON has a file path as arg or action, nothing can be pushed to the file buffer. Is there a trick to it to make this work with the grid view, or is that a bug?

On a similar note, setting copy also does not work (no text can copied with cmd+c) while largetype does work.

To add to the File Buffer you need to set "type": "file" or "type": "file:skipcheck", same as the Script Filter.

I can’t reproduce the copy problem, it’s working fine in my test just now. Could you provide an example?

37 minutes ago, vitor said:

To add to the File Buffer you need to set "type": "file" or "type": "file:skipcheck", same as the Script Filter.

Thanks! That's already helpful. However, in my tests, this works iff arg is a (valid) file path while the action override is ignored. This is reminiscent of this earlier observation.

35 minutes ago, vitor said:

I can’t reproduce the copy problem, it’s working fine in my test just now. Could you provide an example?

Here is a version of the color picker workflow where I'm testing this. There are a few of my attempts in get_history.sh that populates the grid view.

https://transfer.archivete.am/GvjVB/Color Picker v1.2.1-grid-view-trouble-shooting.alfredworkflow