{query} suppressed when branching to action via modifier key

Zork

I'm developing a snazzy workflow that only Alfred could do ;) but I ran into an issue:

I have a keyword trigger that accepts an optional argument. A notification is connected (as default connection) to display only if the optional argument {query} is supplied. A script action is also connected to the keyword trigger with a Control modifier. If I invoke the workflow and supply an argument, the workflow works as expected and displays the argument I supplied. However, if I invoke the workflow, supply an argument, and additionally use the Control key to execute the script, the notification does not display. It seems that either the output is suppressed, or {query} is set to null/empty. This behavior replicates without fail. I want the argument {query} displayed as a notification regardless if I invoke the workflow with or without also calling the additional script via the Control modifier. The entire workflow is more than I describe here, but the only issue lies with this element of the workflow. Since scripts (NSAppleScript) are involved, I suspect that {query} is somehow affected?

OS X 10.6.8

Alfred v2.0.3 (187)

I'm developing a snazzy workflow that only Alfred could do ;) but I ran into an issue:

I have a keyword trigger that accepts an optional argument. A notification is connected (as default connection) to display only if the optional argument {query} is supplied. A script action is also connected to the keyword trigger with a Control modifier. If I invoke the workflow and supply an argument, the workflow works as expected and displays the argument I supplied. However, if I invoke the workflow, supply an argument, and additionally use the Control key to execute the script, the notification does not display. It seems that either the output is suppressed, or {query} is set to null/empty. This behavior replicates without fail. I want the argument {query} displayed as a notification regardless if I invoke the workflow with or without also calling the additional script via the Control modifier. The entire workflow is more than I describe here, but the only issue lies with this element of the workflow. Since scripts (NSAppleScript) are involved, I suspect that {query} is somehow affected?

OS X 10.6.8

Alfred v2.0.3 (187)

Could you provide an example workflow I can look into - I'll also get 10.6 fired up to try this on just in case it's a Snow Leopard issue :)

Cheers,

Andrew