Is it possible to use the mini player to play an album? When I search for an album and hit return it opens that album rather than playing it (modifier keys don't make a difference either). I thought I'd check to see if there was a built in function before I put together a workflow.

Is it possible to use the mini player to play an album? When I search for an album and hit return it opens that album rather than playing it (modifier keys don't make a difference either). I thought I'd check to see if there was a built in function before I put together a workflow.

It works for me, I navigate to the album, then select the song.

Yeah, but that doesn't cause the album to play, just that one song, after which iTunes returns to the previously playing content. Hitting return seems to have the same effect as manually adding the selected song to Up Next and skipping whatever track's currently playing.

Yeah, but that doesn't cause the album to play, just that one song, after which iTunes returns to the previously playing content. Hitting return seems to have the same effect as manually adding the selected song to Up Next and skipping whatever track's currently playing.

I guess it's workflow time eh?

Maybe :-) So Alfred behaves differently for you?

Ensure you have "random" switched off in iTunes, and set Alfred's iTunes Mini Player preferences (under Features > iTunes > Advanced) to use the Alfred playlist to ensure predictability.

If this doesn't work, check that Alfred is looking at the correct music library. Then launch the Mini Player and press Cmd + R to refresh your music library in Alfred.

Let me know how you get on :)

Ensure you have "random" switched off in iTunes, and set Alfred's iTunes Mini Player preferences (under Features > iTunes > Advanced) to use the Alfred playlist to ensure predictability.

Those two things did it. That said, I actually really really like being able to add songs to Up Next with Alfred like that, so if there was a way of accessing both functionalities natively I'd be rapt :-) In the meantime, I'll see what I can dig up in the way of workflows. Thanks Vero!