Is it Possible to Search Evernote AND a Folder of Notes Simultaneously?

I usually take two kinds of notes: meeting notes in plain text files (markdown) and richly formatted notes in Evernote (e.g. web pages, PDFs, formatted text, etc.). My ideal system would let me create a note as a file or in Evernote, and use Alfred to search both sources simultaneously.

I'm familiar with the Evernote 5.1 search workflow, but I'd like to combine that with file search. Is this possible using a workflow?

I usually take two kinds of notes: meeting notes in plain text files (markdown) and richly formatted notes in Evernote (e.g. web pages, PDFs, formatted text, etc.). My ideal system would let me create a note as a file or in Evernote, and use Alfred to search both sources simultaneously.

I'm familiar with the Evernote 5.1 search workflow, but I'd like to combine that with file search. Is this possible using a workflow?

if you set them to the same keyword it should be possible

Thanks for the reply David. I tried this and all it does is present me with two search methods when I type the keyword, instead of letting me type my search term and search both sources simultaneously. If you or anybody else has any ideas I'd appreciate them.

Thanks for the reply David. I tried this and all it does is present me with two search methods when I type the keyword, instead of letting me type my search term and search both sources simultaneously. If you or anybody else has any ideas I'd appreciate them.

I also have a plain text file workflow that has a search module.

If you set both Evernote and the plain text file workflows with the same keyword it should work.

Here is a working in progress of the Evernote workflow with some improvements: download link

I’m also updating the plain text file workflow with several improvements. If you have any trouble with the current release let me know and I’ll send you a copy of the “in progress" plain text file workflow.

Edited by Carlos-Sz
  • 2 months later...

Thanks so much. This works great for me.

Markdown and Evernote

I was curious about your use of Markdown and Evernote. I use both too. I kind of wish Evernote supported Markdown. What do you use for Markdown and how are you using these together,

I know this is off topic but it sounds like you got your solution so I hope you don't mind the question.