quick tip for debug workflows

Hi, I'm here just to share a simple tip that I realized in order to debug a development workflow.

In my case here, I was hacking an workflow that I got, but for some reason it wasn't working, the command to run it (it is a script filter) was:

php -f bookmarks.php -- "{query}"

Well, I want have this output, but Alfred also needs it... So I found out that I can do this:

php -f bookmarks.php -- "{query}" | tee -a debug_log

This way, it will output to Alfred, but also will append the content to the debug log, and since it's appending, I'm able to:

tail -f debug_log

This way I can keep looking at the output while I test it.

It's simple but I found very useful, hope it can help you too.

Thanks

Hi, I'm here just to share a simple tip that I realized in order to debug a development workflow.

In my case here, I was hacking an workflow that I got, but for some reason it wasn't working, the command to run it (it is a script filter) was:

php -f bookmarks.php -- "{query}"

Well, I want have this output, but Alfred also needs it... So I found out that I can do this:

php -f bookmarks.php -- "{query}" | tee -a debug_log

This way, it will output to Alfred, but also will append the content to the debug log, and since it's appending, I'm able to:

tail -f debug_log

This way I can keep looking at the output while I test it.

It's simple but I found very useful, hope it can help you too.

Thanks

You could also just attach a Large Type output item to the back end of the workflow and see the output as well. That way you don't have to go to another file to see the generated output.