Send Attachments using Gmail

I noticed that I cannot send an attachment through gmail, and only through apps on my Mac like Mail.app

Would it be possible to send attachments through gmail in the future?

I'm not so sure on that one. The reason is only works with native apps is because Alfred relies on AppleScript support in order to attach the files to the newly created mail message. That fact is the reason why Alfred supports the current list, and not all mail clients. If they don't provide some mechanism (usually AppleScript) for programmatically attaching the file to the newly created email, they aren't supported by Alfred because he has no way of doing it. 

I'm not so sure on that one. The reason is only works with native apps is because Alfred relies on AppleScript support in order to attach the files to the newly created mail message. That fact is the reason why Alfred supports the current list, and not all mail clients. If they don't provide some mechanism (usually AppleScript) for programmatically attaching the file to the newly created email, they aren't supported by Alfred because he has no way of doing it. 

I was afraid of this answer... but I appreciate your clarification!