Is there a way to make Alfred do system-wide application shortcuts?

On my Mac, I use Evernote religiously. I have several hotkey combos set in System Preferences >> Keyboard that correspond to menu items within the Evernote app. 

Is there a way to make Alfred do system-level application hotkeys? (I know there is a workflow for Evernote, but I'm interested in this more generically, so that I don't have to reset my application-specific hotkeys on different systems.)

Thanks in advance. Loving Alfred2.

On my Mac, I use Evernote religiously. I have several hotkey combos set in System Preferences >> Keyboard that correspond to menu items within the Evernote app. 

Is there a way to make Alfred do system-level application hotkeys? (I know there is a workflow for Evernote, but I'm interested in this more generically, so that I don't have to reset my application-specific hotkeys on different systems.)

Thanks in advance. Loving Alfred2.

You can use Alfred to run AppleScript commands to perform click events on menu items. Would that work for what you are looking for?

Hey politicus,

Thanks for the response. The menu items workflow is close to what I mean, but not exactly. What I'm looking for is a way to keep system-wide  keyboard shortcuts in sync across devices. 

Some examples:

• In GrowlVoice I have "command + option + I" as my system-wide hotkey to jump to my inbox
  • In Evernote, I use "control + command + E" as a system-wide hotkey

There are others I use as well, but I guess what I'm really looking for is a way to keep hotkeys that launch and/or take in-app actions in sync across devices.

• 3 weeks later...