Using hotkeys to show folder in open/save dialogs

c41

Hi there, just bought Alfred today and coming to grips with all the great stuff it can do.

I can see how hotkeys work - and have managed to create a workflow to show specific folder finder window/s with a hotkey.

Is there a way to set it up so the same hotkey jumps to that folder in an appications open/save dialog box? (ie: jumping to an often used folder location when saving/opening files). (As far as I can tell, if you are looking at an apps open/save dialog box and hit that hotkey now, it will open the finder window seperately... I want it to jump to that folder within the open/save dialog box itself)

I am currently using DefaultFolderX for this functionality, but wondering if I can achieve the same thing with Alfred instead.

Thanks, Pete

Edited by c41

Hi there, just bought Alfred today and coming to grips with all the great stuff it can do.

I can see how hotkeys work - and have managed to create a workflow to show specific folder finder window/s with a hotkey.

Is there a way to set it up so the same hotkey jumps to that folder in an appications open/save dialog box? (ie: jumping to an often used folder location when saving/opening files). (As far as I can tell, if you are looking at an apps open/save dialog box and hit that hotkey now, it will open the finder window seperately... I want it to jump to that folder within the open/save dialog box itself)

I am currently using DefaultFolderX for this functionality, but wondering if I can achieve the same thing with Alfred instead.

Thanks, Pete

Pete,

I hope you're enjoying Alfred. Thinking about it, I'm not sure Alfred could perform this action the same way that DefaultFolderX does, at least, not exactly. One thing you COULD do though is.. if you aren't aware, in the open/save dialogs, you can drag a file/folder and drop them on the dialogs and it will jump directly to that item in the dialog. So, that being said, you could use Alfred just quickly search and find a location, then drag that result item from Alfred and drop it on the dialog to quickly jump there.

Does that make sense?

Does that make sense?

It does - thanks David. Thats not bad - but not quite as quick as just hitting a key combo and going straight to the folder. Maybe a feature for a future release? :) Beers on me if you can squeeze another checkbox setting in there ;-)

It does - thanks David. Thats not bad - but not quite as quick as just hitting a key combo and going straight to the folder. Maybe a feature for a future release? :) Beers on me if you can squeeze another checkbox setting in there ;-)

That would be on Andrew :) I'm not the developer, I'm just the support guy.