Search firefox tabs and goto it

stonefury

Thinking of a workflow that will let me type in the name of a firefox tab and have it go to that tab.  I usually have some tabs open that I know are there and it would be nice to just type "ftab <query>" and have it open the tab with a title that closely matches. 

But as a new user to Alfred2, I love it!!

Edited by stonefury

Thinking of a workflow that will let me type in the name of a firefox tab and have it go to that tab.  I usually have some tabs open that I know are there and it would be nice to just type "ftab <query>" and have it open the tab with a title that closely matches. 

But as a new user to Alfred2, I love it!!

I'm not sure if this is even possible with Firefox. Every workflow I've seen uses AppleScript to get tabs from Safari and Google Chrome; Firefox doesn't support this kind of AppleScript.

If you were using Safari, Google Chrome, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, or Webkit, you could use Search Safari and Chrome Tabs by Clinton Strong.

Cheers :)

I'm not sure if this is even possible with Firefox. Every workflow I've seen uses AppleScript to get tabs from Safari and Google Chrome; Firefox doesn't support this kind of AppleScript.

If you were using Safari, Google Chrome, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, or Webkit, you could use Search Safari and Chrome Tabs by Clinton Strong.

Cheers :)

Cool, thank you. Maybe I will give Chrome another shot. Not a huge fan of Safari though I like some of the features.

I found a FireFox plug-in that lets you do ctrl-shift-f and it will jump to the tab with the best match.  But I don't know what applescript is capable of, if it could even send anything to firefox to trigger that.  If it were even just sending the keystrokes I guess that would be an ugly way to do it.

Thanks again!