Launch file group opens only first file

ronswanson

Hello,

I created a workflow using the standard launch file group from keyword template in Alfred.. I dragged and dropped a bunch of latex documents needed for a project into the Multiple Files action. 

When I trigger this workflow with the keyword, only the first file opens often.. sometimes all files open but it is unpredictable. If I trigger again after the first file is opened, the next file opens..  I tried dragging and dropping the latex editor app itself as the first thing to open but this doesn't solve the problem.

OOOPS!! It is the second file that opens.. not the first file!   The first latex file on my list is not opened, only the second/rest are.. I tried putting the app itself as the first item on the list but it didnt help..

Edited by ronswanson

Sorry, here is the precise problem:

I have two latex files I want to open using a latex editor (TexStudio). I created a Launch filegroup with keyword workflow.

1. If I list TexStudio.app as the first item on that list, the apps opens up with only the first latex file.

2. If I do not list TexStudio.app as the first item on that list, the apps opens up with only the second latex file.

3. If TexStudio is running already, both latex files open up.

Please help! Workflows aren't useful if they are so buggy!

Sorry, here is the precise problem:

I have two latex files I want to open using a latex editor (TexStudio). I created a Launch filegroup with keyword workflow.

1. If I list TexStudio.app as the first item on that list, the apps opens up with only the first latex file.

2. If I do not list TexStudio.app as the first item on that list, the apps opens up with only the second latex file.

3. If TexStudio is running already, both latex files open up.

Please help! Workflows aren't useful if they are so buggy!

Alfred simply passes the files you have selected off to OS X (nothing special) so my guess is that this is being caused by [a bug in] TexStudio which isn't properly respecting multiple documents being opened - The first document is causing the app to open, the second document is the one which is being opened. You can verify this by having TexStudio launched by with no documents open, then running the workflow again.

You may need to raise a bug with TexStudio for this. To help, Alfred simply calls:

[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] openFile:path];

... in a loop for each file you want to open, where 'path' is the full path to the file you want to launch.

It's also worth noting that a while back, another app had the same bug (I think it may have been textmate but I can't find the details) and now it works as expected in every case (app launched or not launched).

"Workflows aren't useful if they are so buggy!"

I'm surprised that you call workflows "so buggy" - have you spotted anything else causing you an issue?

Cheers,

Andrew