Manually migrate settings from Mountain Lion to Mavericks

Hi all,

My Mac was running a little slowly on Mountain Lion, so I did a fresh install of Mavericks. I made a full backup (not bootable), but forgot to export or sync my Alfred settings before wiping the hard drive. So my question is: is there a way to manually migrate all of my Alfred settings, preferences, custom searches, etc. from my backup to a new installation of Alfred? I have tried this a few times, moving any .plist files I can find and the folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2, but this does not seem to be working. I'm sure that I'm probably just missing a certain file, but can't seem to figure out which one and where it is. 

Thanks very much!

Hi all,

My Mac was running a little slowly on Mountain Lion, so I did a fresh install of Mavericks. I made a full backup (not bootable), but forgot to export or sync my Alfred settings before wiping the hard drive. So my question is: is there a way to manually migrate all of my Alfred settings, preferences, custom searches, etc. from my backup to a new installation of Alfred? I have tried this a few times, moving any .plist files I can find and the folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2, but this does not seem to be working. I'm sure that I'm probably just missing a certain file, but can't seem to figure out which one and where it is. 

Thanks very much!

The only thing you need to copy over is Alfred.alfredpreferences which contains almost all of your preferences. If you have ever setup syncing to e.g. Dropbox, you can re-attach to the preferences using the sync options in Alfred's Advanced prefs.

Awesome! Looks like it worked. I'm not sure why it wasn't before, because I had already copies that one over, but this time I quit Alfred then double clicked the preferences file. That did the trick. Thanks SO much! You saved me a ton of time. BTW, thanks for creating one of the greatest Mac apps ever!